Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Policy
Megashare.com has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement on the Services in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (a copy of which is located at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf, the “DMCA”). The address of Megashare.com's Designated Agent for copyright takedown notices (“Designated Agent”) is listed below.
Megashare.com shall endeavour to assist any legitimate copyright owner in the removal of infringing content from its Services. The copyright owner should recognise that the removal of any video content from Megashare.com (“Services”) will only remove the hyperlink and ability for users to view said content via this website (“Services”). The video resource may still remain accessible on third party services, and this is beyond the control and responsibility of Megashare.com. Should the copyright holder wish to know the source of any video content made accessible on Megashare.com, this information is accessible in the HTML page source for each video.
Megashare.com is constantly indexing video content that is accessible on the internet, and as such it is possible that removed content may be unintentionally reindexed at a future point.
Reporting Instances of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that content residing or accessible on or through the our website (“Services”) infringes a copyright, please send a written notice via electronic mail (email) to the Designated Agent at the address below. Due to high volumes of spam, it is important to ensure that all emails are sent in plain text. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s fees) if you materially misrepresent that material is infringing your copyright(s).
Please use the following format (including section numbers) when you send written notice to us:
- Identification of the work or material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that Megashare.com staff are capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party (the “Notifying Party”), including name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is either the copyright owner, or authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.